These are books that I currently have and want to have on my bookshelf for UNIX/BSD programming. I find ebooks difficult to consume for reference manuals, so I tend to favor paper books.
If you have recommendations, please let me know (contact info at bottom of page)! I’m interested in your opinion and expert guidance.
These are books that I already have.
Taken from http://www.iso-9899.info/wiki/Books and ##c on IRC Freenode.
- “Mastering Algorithms with C: Useful Techniques from Sorting to Encryption” by Kyle Loudon (Amazon)
- “C Traps and Pitfalls” by Andrew Koenig (Amazon)
- “C Pocket Reference” by Peter Prinz, Ulla Kirch-Prinz (Amazon)
- “K&R C” (2nd edition) by Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie (Amazon)
Kernel and System
- “The Design of the UNIX Operating System” by Maurice J. Bach (Amazon)
- “The Design and Implementation of the 4.4 BSD Operating System, 1st Edition” by Marshall Kirk McKusick, Keith Bostic, Michael J. Karels, John S. Quarterman (Amazon)